River Portal (East Portal), Colorado

I'm Irish & I'm a Mason...and I have a story to tell.

Sit By The River - Share My Journey

These entries document the stories of the men, women and children who lived at River Portal, Montrose County, Colorado while working on the Gunnison Diversion Tunnel - a historic pioneering project that celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2009.

Please read from the first entry forwards as I tend to have my own writing style that's more like reading a book than an entry that can be read individually. Reading the posts separate from each other doesn't really convey the story properly. :)

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Surname Saturday - Seven Surnames From 1st Boarding House

Today I posted seven different blog entries for the seven different men living in the first boarding house listed on the 1910 census for River Portal.  Please check the individual posts for the information about each of these surnames:

McGillis
Winnett
Graham
Chambers
Moser
Blight
Gilbert

Hope someone finds a connection here and / or can provide additional information.

No comments:

Post a Comment