River Portal (East Portal), Colorado

I'm Irish & I'm a Mason...and I have a story to tell.

Sit By The River - Share My Journey

These entries document the stories of the men, women and children who lived at River Portal, Montrose County, Colorado while working on the Gunnison Diversion Tunnel - a historic pioneering project that celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2009.

Please read from the first entry forwards as I tend to have my own writing style that's more like reading a book than an entry that can be read individually. Reading the posts separate from each other doesn't really convey the story properly. :)

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Surname Saturday - Dougherty, Williams, Dawson

I didn't post last Saturday for Surname Saturday so surnames from that week are Lawrence, Brown and Mason.  Those are from the Treasure Chest Thursday post on March 11.

Surnames for this week are Dougherty, Williams, Dawson, English plus slight mentions of Mason & Humphrey.  The Williams & Dawson surnames are intermarried with the Dougherty family. 

Enjoy!  Hope you find connections!

No comments:

Post a Comment