River Portal (East Portal), Colorado

I'm Irish & I'm a Mason...and I have a story to tell.

Sit By The River - Share My Journey

These entries document the stories of the men, women and children who lived at River Portal, Montrose County, Colorado while working on the Gunnison Diversion Tunnel - a historic pioneering project that celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2009.

Please read from the first entry forwards as I tend to have my own writing style that's more like reading a book than an entry that can be read individually. Reading the posts separate from each other doesn't really convey the story properly. :)

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Surname Saturday - River Portal Households 9 - 13

I've continued adding blogs documenting as much as possible about the households of River Portal in 1910. There are separate blogs for each individual household.  Households #9 - #13 are:

9.  George DOUGHERTY - born Kansas.  This family is very interesting as it connects to other members of the same family living in multiple households in River Portal.

10.  James BUNTEN - born Tennessee

11.  Homer GROVES - born Pennsylvania

12.  Henry ENGELKING - born Missouri

13.  John RILEY - born New York (Also 3 CAREY stepchildren)

Where I've been able to I've provided parentage information plus where they lived before River Portal and where they went after River Portal.

No comments:

Post a Comment