River Portal (East Portal), Colorado

I'm Irish & I'm a Mason...and I have a story to tell.

Sit By The River - Share My Journey

These entries document the stories of the men, women and children who lived at River Portal, Montrose County, Colorado while working on the Gunnison Diversion Tunnel - a historic pioneering project that celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2009.

Please read from the first entry forwards as I tend to have my own writing style that's more like reading a book than an entry that can be read individually. Reading the posts separate from each other doesn't really convey the story properly. :)

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Surname Saturday - First Eight Households in River Portal

I've begun adding blogs documenting as much as possible about the households of River Portal in 1910.  There are separate blogs for each individual household.  The first eight households are:

1.  William LINES - born Utah
2.  Vastine BRYAN - born Iowa
3.  Henry WARREN - born Wisconsin & widowed daughter Myrtle SPECKMAN
4.  David LYALL - born Scotland
5.  Anna QUARLES & son Wade Quarles - Anna born Ohio - Widowed - Family lived years in Kansas
6.  Allen COMSTOCK - born Colorado
7.  Anna and Wilma MATZKE - Sisters - born Colorado
8.  George NOONAN - Physician - born Pennsylvania - Parents born Ireland

Where I've been able to I've provided parentage information plus where they lived before River Portal and where they went after River Portal.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Look forward to those stories!

    Keep these ancestor stories coming!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete