I need to take a break in my stories for a minute because word just came to me of something really special I'd like to share. I've enjoyed sharing my stories with you all and you've all made me feel very welcome! I've cherished being able to share. Two wonderful listeners awarded me the Happy 101 Award! I'm going to follow in the footsteps of one of them and thank both of them with one response. :) To Lori at http://genealogyandme.blogspot.com who awarded it to me for "My Daddy's Wallet" and to Dr. Bill at Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com - THANK YOU!!! You really made my day and I'm so thrilled that you're sitting here on the riverbank with me. I'm in such great company!
The responsibilities that go with this award are as follows. I am first to list 10 things that make me happy (not in any particular order):
1. My husband of over 36 years. The best thing I ever did was marry him! :)
2. My children Thomas and Jacci - They are the best and they have blessed my life!
3. My grandchildren Tori, Sarah and of course Mason Liam (who crawled today for the first time!)
4. Twitter. Stop laughing! I have gained so much in friendship and fun through Twitter that I have become twit-addicted! It also led me to people who led me to do this blog.
5. Nature. I can't get enough of nature in all of its glory. Trees, mountains, forests, and of course - as the Mason I am - I love water! ;)
6. The life I've been blessed to lead through military travel first as a "brat" and then for 30 years as a spouse. The many places I've been fortunate enough to live have often led to genealogy discoveries as well. It's been a wonderful life!
7. My cat Ralph aka The Baby aka The Cutie Boy
8. Making memories.
9. Football - Denver Broncos (even if they didn't do as well as hoped this year) & The Air Force Academy Falcons (who won the Armed Forces Bowl this year)
10. Finding my roots. On both my mother's and my father's sides I had what I believed to be insurmountable obstacles. Brick walls can be broken and roots can be found. :)
Part Two of my responsibilites with this award is to pass it on to ten other bloggers. The hardest part of that for me is that I jumped into blogging feet first. So I'm only now discovering the other blogs and it's so much fun!
Again - in no particular order:
1. Gramma's House at http://beckyjamison.blogspot.com/
2. The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree at http://appledoesntfallfar.blogspot.com/
3. Random Relatives at http://randomrelatives.blogspot.com/
4. Colorado Reflections at http://coloradoreflections.blogspot.com/
5. Little Bytes of Life at http://www.littlebytesoflife.com/
6. Small-Leaved Shamrock at http://small-leavedshamrock.blogspot.com/
7. Newton Lass at http://newtonlass.blogspot.com/
8. Colleen's Memories at http://cmjoffice.blogspot.com/
9. Writing Your Memories at http://writingyourmemories.blogspot.com/
10. The Graveyard Rabbit of Northern Virginia at http://gyrabbitnova.blogspot.com/
This was not easy. I wanted to include the two who awarded this to me as well but decided to share 10 others. Check out the other two though! Fantastic!
I feel like I just ran up Pikes Peak using the Manitou Incline. That basically means I just exhausted myself! LOL